Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Things I Like....Confessions of a Happy Glamper

So....it appears that my WBCCI Unit Prez has decided that I should write a column for our newsletter.  Sounded like a good idea to me since I don't seem to be at a loss for words!!  Right now I have enough columns ready to publish to take me into calendar year 2011!!!

Attached is my first column, scheduled for publication in the next week or so. Hope you enjoy!!



THINGS I LIKE....
Confessions of A Happy Glamper

Hi...for those of you who haven’t met me, I’ve been a member of the Oregon Unit for almost three years.  I’m the girl who showed up at rallies for the day, without an AS, waiting desperately for the time that our renovation was complete.  My husband Doug & I, along with many friends & an incredibly skilled craftsman, lovingly restored a flood-damaged ’69 Trade Wind Land Yacht.

I love taking our trailer out, love being able to fully participate in a rally & not leave when the fun was just getting started, & absolutely adore the members of our Unit.  But I also have another love - filling our lovely AS with very fun, colorful, sometimes functional   & sometimes not, things - lots & lots of things!!!

This is the first of a series of columns where I’ll share with you some of the Things I Like - from the perspective of a woman who never in her wildest dreams imagined that she would own an trailer Airstream, much less  count the days until she could hit the road again!!!    Welcome to my happy & sometimes over-the-top world of Glamping (Glamour Camping). 

I realize that when you camp things get dirty - particularly in the NW with all of those pine needles & a hound dog that sheds constantly.  I was driving myself crazy constantly sweeping &, while that foldy Swiffer thing is nice, it’s a pain taking it apart & putting it back together.  After much research (ok, I knew what I wanted - just needed to make it appear to be Doug’s idea) I purchased the Dyson Animal Hand Vac.   So sleek, so progressive & so perfect.   At $270*, it’s so not cheap & some would think its 6-minute charge is too short - but for me Doug it’s absolutely perfect!!

*I’ve discovered a way to purchase it a little cheaper - send me an email at hipvintagefusion@gmail.com if you’re interested.


Happy travels - 
Mona


No comments:

Post a Comment