Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Modernism Madness Continues!!!!

The Never-Ending List Of Things-To-Do-Before-PS:

Determine which awning to order:  Vintage roll-out..which comes highly recommended... or Zip Dee

CHECK...going with Zip Dee - love the functionality of the system and the awning fabrication options...it took a group vote on FB as well as an actual visit to the AS with the fabric sample book for my husband, our dear friend Aaron and myself to decide that the sample on the bottom of the picture attached would be the right transition to our interior.



Buy a generator...a quiet, really big one with electric start (isn't that an oxymoron?)

CHECK...altho the nice guys at Cabella's (another story altogether!) wanted to steer us to a much cheaper one with similar functionality...I WANT/WILL OWN THE YAMAHA EF3000iSEB!!!  It absolute has to run, at a minimum, our Convection Oven, Costco fridge and my lighted makeup mirror!!




Find just the right side table and table lamp while in Seattle...

CHECK....sort of.  After much angst, many stops in rainy, lovely Seattle and feeling like we were forcing our natural MCM style we decided to (a) refinish the table we already have which fits the space perfectly and (b) buy what we loved and not what we thought people would expect to see.  Once we made that decision it was easy...welcome home to our lovely Laurel Mushroom Lamp



I almost got through the week thinking Phew!  Big decisions all done...now I just need to get the boys going on their list:  install new Inverter, finish the stainless install on bulkhead doors, polish (that in itself is an entirely separate blog) our AS which we vowed we would never do but now think we should...again with the separate blog thing...install my new fantasticly glowy doorbell from Lux...(yeah me...and yeah Lucy!!!) and finish the sh*tlist...no biggie, right?  Wait for it.....

And Then It Hit Me.....

What on earth are we going to stage outside the AS once everything is all set up @ the Riveria Hotel?  Our camping chairs from Costco are great...when we're camping, and our darling, comfy chairs (complete with cushions) from Pottery Barn are rockstar-comfy but neither fit the design aesthetic of our beloved-and-very-high-maintenance AS.  Urghhhhhh!!

Enter my Christmas gift - the Book of 1000 Chairs...and we so need (the operative word here is "need") to have a couple of Bertoia Wire Diamond Chairs with a small Tulip table  

CHECK....found four of them on eBay, on the way...plus free shipping
DOUBLE CHECK...hubby bought a black Ball Chair and Tulip Table on his vaca to Amsterdam

Phew!!!!




But Wait, While I'm At It....

I probably need some hip method of transportion while I'm in PS, right?  I mean, hubby will probably bring his mini-man-motorcyle but shouldn't I have a Vespa?  Seriously, I've always dreamed of owning one and even decided that while vacationing in Paris, if I was a Vespa I would be Turqoise, so it only makes sense that I should have one, right?  As much as I love vintage things...I also have a firm appreciation for all things resembling vintage but updated - I want to own a Vespa that works NOW...not one that may work someday if I find someone who could maybe fix it in their spare time....NOW!!!

Tick Tock



M

No comments:

Post a Comment