Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Things I Like....Confessions of a Happy Glamper


THINGS I LIKE....LIGHT SWAPPING
Confessions of A Happy Glamper

I’m drawn to bright, sparkly things-diamonds, chandeliers, Christmas ornaments & strings of outdoor lights.  Naturally, as I pulled into our campsite at Stub Stewart, the vision of two trailers bedecked in multi-colored lights acted as a beacon drawing me to them.  A quick hello to Doug and our friends the Pauley’s and then I was off to meet our neighbors!!

The couples had clearly been friends for a while, one driving a beautiful new Itasca motorhome & the other a  newer trailer.  Like a moth to the flame, I marched right up and said “hi, I love your colorful lights” &..as I got closer it became apparent that not one of the lights was the same!

As it turned out, these fun & outgoing people make it a practice to “swap lights” with fellow campers resulting in strings of lights with Pumpkins, Snowmen, Cowboys, Palm Trees & Pink Flamingos...oh my!!!  They even carry extra strands just in case they need to offer more options :)

Of course I wanted to swap lights too so, after discussing with Doug, later that evening we walked over with two AS’s in hand & immediately started eyeing our choices.  No surprises here:  mine = Martini Glass, Doug = Salmon.

Imagine our delight the next morning to see the AS  lights proudly hanging amongst the myriad of others. Could it be possible that some other camper down the road swaps one of their lights for our Airstream?  Simple, Magical, Fun - I think Wally would approve.

Happy travels - 
Mona







No comments:

Post a Comment